Skip to main content

4 TIPS TO ACHIEVE CGPA 4.0 IN LAW SCHOOL

CRIED ALL NIGHT TO GET CGPA 4.0? DID I?

 

Hi guys!! Just by looking at the main topic, you can guess what I'm going to write here, right? Typical tips, guidelines and all that. Well, I don't really have effective secrets to succeed or what not, I don't have certain tips as well. Because for me, I believe that different people apply different methods. 
But, I'm just gonna share with my juniors what did I do during my asasi year to maintain dean list. 

Okay, firstly I tak pernah rasa diri I hebat. I can say that I ni dalam category yang average je. First sem tu memang I banyak menangis because like I was so stressed to achieve what I wanted. Time first sem tu, all I did was learn and focus je dalam lecture. I did force myself to understand everything fast. Instead of memorizing, I'd rather understand one thing first. So, once I have adapted with everything there, I didn't waste my time anymore! All were set to go. 


THIS IS THE RESULT FOR MY FIRST SEM!!


Alhamdulillah, I managed to score CGPA 3.78 for UPU (well, since I was a KPTM law student, so this result matters for me). For UiTM result, I managed to achieve GPA 3.73.  With this result, I am qualified to apply for law school. Not to forget, in order for you to get qualified for law school, you must also obtain MUET Band 4 and above. In my case, yes I did score Band 4 and apply for law school with my UPU result. Which law schools I applied? I'll tell you in another post. 

After sleepless night, swollen eyes, improper meal intake and all the hustles, I am so grateful for this result because tbh, I cried almost every time I buat revision. When it comes to assignment, I would prefer to skip meals from lunch to dinner. It's not that I suka-suka skip meals, but my body memang jenis yang tak boleh makan kalau terlalu busy and yes I lost weight especially during exam week and all. But, please to all of you who are reading this, do not skip meals, okay? It's not good for your health. Your health is your wealth, remember that!


The first picture is my overall result and the second picture is my CGPA for both semester which is CGPA 4.00 !! Again, as a KPTM law student, CGPA 4.00 is very vital for me. To be frank, I tak letak high hope for second semester and macam aim for at least dapat dean list. But, God knows the best and He gives me more than what I wished for. I am very grateful and still in shock even until now. In my second semester, I did not pressure myself which to the extent sampai menangis macam semester pertama. But, I dah start track semua marks for my assignment and do my calculation untuk estimate berapa lagi I perlu achieve in order untuk dapat best result. Second semester, I banyak study tapi tak sampai the point yang macam sampai nak gila. So what did I do?

STUDY HACKS BY KINN


1) Study in group. If you are curious, I was the one who prefers to study alone and never think study in group can be efficient. But, I was wrong. Semester 2, I memang study in group which the group's name is Santiago's Buddies. Do not ask why it's Santiago because they call me Santiago. We formed this group like memang random. I never know each one of them wujud dalam asasi dengkil before. I was the only girl in the group, another 4 members are boys. I don't care what other people gonna say about me because for me only 5 of us know what we do. I must say that study week tu memang we will spend the whole week either in bb (bilik bacaan) or anjung. Time study group tu, focus betul2. That's it. If you memang rasa nak main2 or nak gelak2, I suggest you to study seorang diri because you are just wasting your time. Then, dalam group tu, I am the one yang suka buat research. Before turun pergi study, I akan pergi library and cari any related books to our discussions. We discuss and suggest any ideas untuk jawab soalan exam. Each one of us memang suportive sangat2 like we are siblings. Bila takde mood ke apa, mesti semua akan advice semua and we love do random, silly and stupid things together bila habis exam. Fateh is the leader of doing the silent mukbang but still manage to maintain 4 flat in both semesters. That's how you do "study in group".


2) Jot down all notes. ALL MEANS ALL. Please, whenever your lecturer is explaining, do listen attentively and write side notes which related to what you are learning. The explanations are going to be very beneficial to you if you know how to apply and relate to the questions in the exam paper. I start to jot down everything yang I rasa penting or new information or maybe anything yang I rasa berguna. For example, dalam kelas law088 which is about global issues, I akan write notes or questions yang lecturer I tanya in the class. Then, I akan cari jawapan dia, I mean tak kisah lah dari internet or law books yang I pinjam from ptar. I memang jenis suka pinjam buku dari library sebab for me, I rasa incomplete with the knowledge yang ada dalam manual je. I don't want to limit my knowledge based on the manual. For me, buku yang ramai tak sentuh dekat library tu actually banyak info yang ramai tak baca lagi. So, think again, if you dah baca, you rugi ke? I always put myself as an examiner so that's why I jadi macam ni sebab I rasa I nak baca jawapan yang lain dari lain. Put some effort, Allah knows your effort and He will give you what you deserve.


3) Recommended apps for studying: Minimalist and FLIP (under education). Then, all apps under LAW are just very important. Now, I will tell you about each one of the apps above. Minimalist is used as your "to-do-list". If you are someone like me who don't even have any physical planner and prefer everything to be saved in your phone, then Minimalist is a must for you. It will remind you to get done your stuffs at certain date and time, based on your preferences. For FLIP, it is an app for you to stay focus. You can set your time to study, which in my situation, I will usually set 1 hour and within this period, you must ignore any disturbances and STAY CALM BUT FOCUS! Alright, under LAW, I do have Legal which actually is a legal dictionary because you know I don't want to bring another dictionary after Collins English Dictionary to ELC class. Legal is very compact and serve you accurate meaning for legal terms.UNNewsReader is going to be very very important for you to stay updated with the current global issues. I used this during LAW088 class.  MalaysianBar is for you to know what's happening in the legal world in Malaysia. Lastly, EasyLaw is my life saver because I can just read Contracts Act 1950 or CPC or Penal Code from the app. Sometimes, I forgot to bring CA 1950 to class and this gonna save my life to answer any questions.


4)  DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. Through out my asasi year, I must say I was the one who loves being active. For me, I was going to feel uncomfortable when I didn't do anything. If all my tasks are done, I will find any works to do including cleaning my house. However, when I feel like too lazy, I won't do anything and just going out for having fun. Remember, all works and no play makes Jake a dull boy, right? So, I am just applying it in my life. Whatever it is, just know your priorities. Prioritize what is important first. If you don't know how to do the question or you are not sure with something, ask your lecturer, seniors or maybe lawyers. I did ask a few lawyers to help me understand the law/questions. The result? My lecturer praised my team for doing the best works. Alhamdulillah, almost all assignments given by Dr. Farhah in law035, we managed to get highest mark. Key point is seek help, learn, apply and practice. 

That's all from me. In my opinion, first thing you have to check is your intention. Get it right first like if you are doing something for showing off and all, it's wrong. Know when to show off and know when to struggle. We all want to be acknowledged for the achievements we got, but come to think again about the intention. If it is merely to share about the happiness and to inspire others, then go ahead. One more thing is just relax and do not panic. You are going to be okay! I still remember the moment before I entered examination room, I suddenly got panicked after I saw my friends were still reading outside of the room. My heartbeat was beating fast because I felt like I didn't read anything and didn't do my best but actually I was studying all night. So, do not panic and take a deep breath. Just do your best!

*Btw, do you want me to share tips on how to be fluent and confident while speaking in English? Also, I feel like posting a blog about which law school I applied and the interview session but I feel like not gonna post it now until I receive the offer letter. What do you think? Do comment below!!

p/s: if you want to ask me to help you or to guide you while completing law assignments, do let me know. You can directly dm me on Twitter @IkinHilmy or comment on the comment section below. 

new post: Click here

Comments

  1. Wow so inspiring! But the situation quite different when class through ODL . Really hope i can got CGPA 4.0 too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ikr!! Because ODL won't be the same as the physical one since all things are very limited. But, it's okay, I pray the best for you!!

      Delete
  2. i adore you! thankyou so so much for the tips sis kinn 🥺
    can you share some tips on how to be fluent and confident in english? is it late for 18 y/o like me to be fluent in english? im also a law student, sometime i rasa takut, risau and overthinking. kalau nak jawab papar exam, i rasa susah nak explain my answer in english, grammar lagi. i dont know how to desc perasaan nih 😥
    sem 2 will be start tomorrow and the law subject on this semester would be legal skills and intro to contract & tort law. wish me luck sis kinn ♡

    (im wondering can i get some of your notes?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! sorry fot late replies bcs I am currently busy with test and assignments.

      My tips for you to speak English fluently is you must read English books a lot. When you read, try to highlight any unfamiliar word and find the definition. Then, apply the words in your daily conversation or wtvr. This will surely enhance your vocab. Also, you have to speak and think in English every day so your brain will set certain setting for you to follow, making you always ready to speak in English. Mingle around with those who speak English and look at the way they speak. If you do this regularly, I can guarantee you'll be able to speak fluently. Key point is your progress.

      Notes for law subjects in sem 2? I can pass it to you. Kindly leave me your email here. I will email you.

      Delete
    2. sorryy can you send me the notes as well? btw thank you for the tips you're very inspiring I hope I can get 4.0 for sem 2 😭 my email is kamalabtejalalliya@gmail.com thank you 💗

      Delete
    3. hi there! sorry for the late replies because I am so so busy. Btw, I have sent an email to you. Do check it out ya!

      Delete
    4. thankyou very much I hope you will gain success thank you for helping us Ive received the emails ❤️

      Delete
    5. Can i have the notes too

      Delete
    6. Im very scared for studying laws next month..btw this is my gmail... amrnkh0@gmail.com

      Delete
    7. Hi sis ikin! i’m sorry but may i get the notes too? 🥺 I need notes for semester 2. Sorry susahkan you! here’s my email

      aleeyaadriana1904@gmail.com

      Thanks💗

      Delete
  3. found your blog when I'm at a state where im crying sbb clueless dah dgn assignments and all. i just started foundation of law first semester. week 5 already and it gets to me, everything is so blurry sbb odl i reallly hoped that i would score this foundation but with this situation i don't know if i could, i don't feel like a law student either, this is so overwhelming sis, but i saw this post and i'll try to apply it to my life, thank you fr the tips, im trying to get better at this, do write more!!! take care <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      I'm so happy that my blog could help you in a way or another. I just wanna let you know that, it is okay to feel sad and demotivated for a while, but make sure to come back again stronger. Also, I believe you'll be a great law student and InsyaAllah a great lawyer too in the future! No matter how difficult it is, stay positive and never bottled up your problems, share with anyone you trust okie?

      I will always be here for you and the rest of you who need my help. Don't stress yourself, enjoy every moment in law school. It might be difficult at the beginning, but it will be better soon! If you need my help in terms of law notes for asasi, don't hesitate to email me. Stay safe too <3

      @shykin.hilmy01@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. hi sis ikin , can i have your notes for semester 1 and semester 2 . im sorry if i trouble you in any way 😊😊 this is my email : balqisizzaty04@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Hi!

      Yes, sure! but could you send me an email requesting for the notes first? Because I'm so busy at moment and I'm afraid I forgot to email you. Thanks a lot.

      @shykin.hilmy01@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. hai sis ikin, if u dont mind, can i have your law notes as well. my email : anihnatasya123@gmail.com , thankyou <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Yes, sure! but could you send me an email requesting for the notes first? Because I'm so busy at moment and I'm afraid I forgot to email you. Thanks a lot.

      @shykin.hilmy01@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. congratulation for your achievements btw i have read almost all your blog about asasi in law.
    I just got upu result and alhamdulillah i got law foundation kptm same as you eventhough im hoping to get asasi law in uitm because i really want to continue my degree in uitm and act i really have the same worry like how can i manage to achieve 3.50 above to get into uitm law school, by reading all your blog i manage to get a little bit of confidence and useful tips to apply during law foundation soon. if you dont mind, would you like to share some of your notes because i love to ask help and tips from someone who have already experienced and i really want to be succesful in law school like you. Thank you for reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't dm you on twitter but here's my email marsilla.cella@gmail.com. Would like to ask for some advices ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ASASI LAW SUSAH? BETUL KE?

BELAJAR ASASI LAW SUSAH? ASASI UNDANG-UNDANG UITM DENGKIL (SEM 1)    Hi everyone! This is my first entry and this post is going to be both in English and Bahasa Melayu. I am currently studying law in Uitm Dengkil untuk sesi 2019/2020. Basically, Uitm Dengkil ialah pusat asasi which means hanya ada program asasi sahaja dekat situ. Ada 4 program asasi which are Law, Tesl, Science and Engineering. Untuk adik2 yang ada impian untuk sambung asasi law dekat uitm dengkil, wajib baca post ni sampai habis. Okay, kehidupan dekat Dengkil ni memang betul best. Macam saya yang bukan dari sekolah asrama, dekat sini memang belajar banyak benda. Banyak benda tu include sekali physical and mental sepanjang berada dekat dengkil. Kalau nak cakap belajar law ni susah, ada ke course yang senang? Memang takde. Every course has its own "hell thingy" and only student course tu je tahu struggle dia. Well, we all know that those who are enrolling their studies in foundation, they

5 things you must know before going for law school interview.

Read these 5 tips if you want to excel your interview session!! Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since last time I update this blog. Well, I was actually quite busy starting after I have graduated from foundation in law which was around last April. On last August, my schedule was packed with online meeting and training as I've been selected to be on of the camp facilitator under this one NGO. The camp was held virtually and I must say it was very challenging. Nevertheless, my team and I have done a very good job, you know we had a lot of meetings and a day before the camp, we slept at 3 a.m. in order to make sure everything was going to be smooth. To be very honest, it was a fruitful experience for me working with this NGO as to ensure to fight for education inequality. Then fast forward, I prepared myself and all of the documents to enter law school. So, do you want to know which law school offered me a place in their law school? Read what I am about to write below. To st

UITM SHAH ALAM LAW SCHOOL 2021 (LL.B (hons.))

LAW SCHOOL (ODL): MY EXPERIENCE DURING SEMESTER 1 Hi lovely people! I know it has been a while since I last update my blog. It is not that I don't want to write and share, it just that I couldn't find any suitable free time to write. But, I do have some times to update my blog! Oh btw, latest update is that I'm currently in my second semester while juggling with some events in an NGO as the social media manager, be a mentor to 5 mentees in Buddy Mentor Program (whereby I have to guide the non-asasi law students who being offered LL.B), and I was appointed to be the head of Multimedia and Technical under LAWSOCUITM for our upcoming events. Not gonna lie, my degree life takes my leisure times hahahaha. Too much commitment but alhamdulillah I am still doing fine. If you read my previous posts, you'll know that I am an active person.  Okay, in this post, I'd like to share with you my experience going through ODL for my law degree (Semester 1). IT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT, I